Covid Secure Restaurant
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
You can relax and enjoy your meal in our restaurant with the peace of mind that we are doing all we can to ensure every person feels safe and secure.
The Walled Garden Restaurant and Potting Coffee shop will look different
- There is new signage and floor stickers to remind everyone about social distancing.
- We have a one-way system in place where possible, and there are clearly marked waiting areas for those waiting to take their food away.
- Hand sanitisers are freely available for all our customers.
The Potting Shed Coffee shop
- This is a takeaway service serving beverages and light snacks.
- There is a clear one-way system in place.
The Walled Garden
- You will be greeted by a member of our team and shown safely to your table.
- Our tables have been moved to ensure more than the normal recommended social distancing is in place between guests. (unfortunately, this does mean we are not able to move our tables around to accommodate bigger groups). If you wish to dine as a larger group (and we would still love to serve you), please book your table and we will make sure your table is ready and waiting.
- Our tables are not set before you arrive so the tables may look a little bare.
- A member of our team will bring you a disposable paper place setting with our single use menu.
- Cutlery and glasses will then be brought to your table when you order.
- Every table and chair will be thoroughly cleaned between customers so you can be confident your table is clean enough to eat your dinner off!
- Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting cash. We are asking you to pay by card, and payment machines are fully sanitised between every use.
- We have simplified our menu to enable our teams to respect social distancing in our kitchens. Normally, our kitchens are very busy with chefs working side by side to freshly prepare your dish. That is not appropriate right now, so by reducing the dishes on our menu our chefs can work safely to freshly prepare your meal.
Restaurant Bookings 01883 742275
How do we ensure our staff don't have Covid-19?
We are tracking the health of all our team members. These health assessments must be completed every day before they arrive at the restaurant.
Why aren’t staff wearing gloves?
The scientific recommendation is that hand washing and rigorous sanitation is much more effective than wearing gloves. Hand washing with warm water and soap breaks down the protective fatty layer of the virus and destroys it. Our teams also have constant access to hand sanitiser.
Why aren't all staff wearing face masks?
Face coverings are available for our team members if they want to wear them, UK government guidance only advises face masks for those in medical environments. Social distancing, rigorous cleaning regimes and increased hand-washing are far more effective in reducing the spread of coronavirus.